Physiotherapy programs designed anyone who has a muscle, bone or joint injury and is not sure what to do;
Occupational therapy for those with chronic conditions (e.g. fibromyalgia, MS, rheumatoid arthritis) who want to work on managing their symptoms and improving their daily life.
RemedyRehab provides patients with two distinct services; Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy. These services are designed to help patients who have specific injuries to manage and rehabilitate those injuries and to restore self-care, work, and leisure skills.
How do you choose which type of therapist you want to see?
Physiotherapy consultations are designed to assist patients with the management of musculoskeletal injuries and the acute management of suspected concussion. Often when an injury occurs, you aren't sure what to do. Remedy Physiotherapists can help guide you through the management process to ensure you are doing the right things to appropriately manage your injury and when to seek out in-person medical attention. These services are designed to help guide you through the management and rehabilitation of any musculoskeletal injury.
Remedy Physiotherapy is a live video consultation with a Registered Physiotherapist. Your Physiotherapist will help you evaluate the nature and severity of your injury, provide you with information and guidance on how to best manage your injury and will answer any additional questions you may have.
RemedyPhysiotherapy can help with:
- Guidance on management of an acute injury or chronic musculoskeletal condition
- Exercise program guidance or progression
- Exercise progression or exercise supervision
- Guidance on pre-and post-natal exercise programs
- Joint replacement exercise progressions or supervision
- Any unanswered questions regarding any musculoskeletal conditions
Our Physiotherapists also have specialized training in concussion management. Our therapists are in consultation with one of the leaders in concussion research and management - Dr. Shelina Babul. If a concussion is suspected, often people are unsure of what to do, or more importantly what not to do. A consultation with one of our Physiotherapists will provide you with the information you need to effectively manage a suspected concussion. Our therapists can answer any questions you may have, and based on symptom report and mechanism of injury, can direct you to further medical attention if necessary. Accurate astute detection and optimal management will help to improve outcomes and reduce the risk of persistent symptoms.
- recommendations and guidance for the management of a suspected or confirmed acute concussion
- guidance for sub-acute concussion and/or return to play, learn and activity recommendations
- monitoring of symptoms with research based outcomes measures
- questions about concussion management
- direction to the appropriate in person medical practitioner where required.
Occupational Therapy offers Remedy programs for those with chronic illness, disease or other conditions that are barriers to participating in the everyday activities of daily life.
Who is RemedyOccupational Therapy for?
- Anyone whose injury, illness or disability prevents them from participating in everyday activities that they need and want to do (e.g. taking care of yourself, work, leisure).
- People with chronic pain or chronic health conditions that are having difficulty participating in daily life (e.g. fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, arthritis, concussion or brain injury)
- People who live in a rural, remote or underserved regions where occupational therapy is difficult to access.
Remedy Occupational Therapy
Remedy Occupational Therapy provides people video consultations with a registered Occupational Therapist. Our services are individualized and designed to help a person maintain, restore or improve the ability to engage in daily activities including taking care of yourself (self-care), working (unpaid or paid), or leisure activities. Interventions may include activity analysis, task/activity modification, environmental modifications and education so that people can return to the everyday activities that they need and want to do.
We will offer...
- an individualized evaluation with you, your family and/or caregiver
- individualized goals that enable you to resume, maintain or improve the ability to participate in daily activities that are important to you
- an individualized program that will help you get back to the job of life
Remedy Occupational Therapy can help you maintain, restore or improve participation in any everyday activity. For example:
- Grocery shopping
- Accessing your community
- Work (e.g. return to work, office ergonomics)
- Chronic disease management (e.g. concussion, fibromyalgia, arthritis)